Sunday, February 25, 2018

Miss Brooks Loves Books! (and I don't)

I recently learned about this book from Pernille Ripp's blog. I read it and instantly fell in love... because I am Miss Brooks!



Miss Brooks loves books and she wants her students to love them too. She is always reading books to them and dressing up as book characters. While all of her classmates love books, Missy dismisses it all- they are all too flowery, too furry, too yippity, and too clickety. 

Miss Brooks doesn't give up though. She constantly fills Missy's book bag with new books in a desperate attempt to find one that she will love. What story finally wins Missy over and makes her a book lover too? William Steig's Shrek - a book about an ogre with warts! 

My favorite page in the book... Missy finally finds a book - warts and all - that she loves. She makes Miss Brooks' day when she shares it with the class. I love how Miss Brooks raises her hand. I can just hear her saying "YES!" 










You know I love a sequel! I just ordered this one. I can't wait until it arrives!


No comments:

Post a Comment