Friday, March 16, 2018

School's First Day of School

I spent some time in Austin this week visiting my oldest daughter, Madison. She introduced me to the store BookPeople: A Community Bound by Books and I fell in love instantly! Check out their BookKids page here for new and noteworthy kids books, author signing events, and programs by mail. 

BookPeople is full of your-not-so-traditional book displays and handwritten notes and reviews by staff members who've read the book. They also have autographed copies of tons of different books. 



While checking out the kids section I came across this book illustrated by Christian Robinson. 

It is the first day of school and School's a little nervous. The book shows how school feels about the kids and what happens during the course of a day with them. This a great book for teaching perspective. 

If you are not familiar with other books illustrated by Christian Robinson, then I encourage you to check them out. I love his illustrations! You can learn more about him and see all of the books he's illustrated on his webpage The Art of Fun

Here are a few of my favorites!






No comments:

Post a Comment